Citizenship by investment in property in Turkey offers you the opportunity to legally acquire a new nationality, in return for your investment in the economy. The smooth transition does not make you tear your hair off owing to stress. The turkey citizenship by investment steps are easy and transparent. This is probably the leading reason that has made Turkey a growing success among citizenship-by-investment enthusiasts from around the world.
Know the turkey citizenship by investment steps
Let us navigate your way through the steps leading you to get the Turkish citizenship:
- Step 1: The first thing you have to do is prepare your documents. Without proper and authentic documents, you dream of having a Turkish property and citizenship will be run down with water.
So, carefully collect the following documents before kick-starting the process:
- Valid Passport
- Application tax payment receipt
- Turkish ID copy and addresses of applicant’s relatives in Turkey (if applicable)
- Residence permit or valid tourist visa on your passport
- Documents verifying completion of investment
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photos of the members of your family
- Health insurance
- Power of attorney
- Marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Step 2: Now, you have to complete the investment procedure. Before proceeding, you are required to open an account with the Turkish bank to complete the investment procedure that includes- real estate title deed transfers, cash deposit and government bond purchase.
- Step 3: Apply for a residence permit. Without the permit, you will not be able to proceed with the next step.
- Step 4: Next in line for turkey citizenship by investment steps is the application for citizenship. You can start with the procedure as soon as your residence permit is granted. You do not have to appear for any interviews or be physically present during the citizenship application process.
- Step 5: You are now entitled to be a Turkish citizen and enjoy all the benefits that come with it. The Turkish citizenship is not different from naturalized citizenship in Turkey. You can pass on the citizenship to your future generations without any worry.
Let us elaborate the timeline needed for turkey citizenship by investment steps
- Preparation of documents: You will need a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks to prepare all the documents.
- Completion of investment: This takes at least 2 to 3 weeks.
- Permit of residence: You must have a time of at least 4 to 5 weeks for this.
- Citizenship application: The application process takes up to 8-12 weeks to conclude.
- Passport acquisition: A minimum of 4 weeks is needed
Know the criteria to get turkey citizenship by investment process:
In Turkey, you are free to invest in more than one property. You are entitled to invest in commercial or residential property, and use it for rental income. You have to wait for 3 years before you can sell your property in Turkey. Before you get on with the turkey citizenship by investment steps, you must be well eloquent with the rellevant criteria you need to fulfill to get the Turkish citizenship.
The criteria that you have to adhere to are listed in the following lines:
- You have to spend an investment amount of approximately a minimum of USD 250,000 for property acquisitions.
- Buying government bonds worth USD 500,000 is another mandate for foreign investors
- You have to deposit approximately USD 500,000 in the Turkish banks
- You have to create a minimum of 50 jobs