Buy properties in Turkey to get Turkish citizenship! If you would like to have Turkish citizenship and a Turkish passport, there are some easiest steps that you need to know. You will be able to find the guide about the process to have citizenship at the same time buying property in Turkey for foreigners in the article. You can look at more detailed information below!
Turkish Citizenship by Buying Property
First of all, if you are planning to buy a property in Turkey, the minimum price must be $250.000. If the property is not $250.000 or above, you will not be able to apply for citizenship. To invest in the country, you can look at the most preferred places online or the cities which complete your demands as well. You can find the citizenship process below.
Citizenship Process in Turkey
The process to have citizenship is significantly easy and fast! When you apply for citizenship in Turkey, you will be able to get the results between 3 and 6 months after your application. You can follow the process step by step on the list that we prepared for you!
- Firstly, you need to apply to the tax office to have the tax registration number. To obtain the tax registration number, you need to bring your passport with you. The process takes 30 minutes at the Tax Offices.
- After that, you need to have a bank account in Turkey. You should bring your passport with its translation. In addition to that, the translation of your passport must be notarized. (Notary approval)
- Now, you are ready to buy a property in Turkey. As we mentioned above, the property must cost a minimum of $250.000. You can look at the best options online and you can visit them at the same time. Pay attention to the real estate agent that you choose, the agent must be reliable.
- When you find the property that you would like to purchase, you will need the evaluation report. You need the report before you purchase the property. The cost of the evaluation report must be changeable according to the company that you prefer. The average payment is between 1750 and 5000 Turkish Liras. The expert has to be licensed by the government and has to have BDDK and SPK approved.
- Then, you will need the Residence Permit Application. When you purchased, you will be able to have the Residence Permit after a month. Besides that, you will be able to have a temporary ID card as well.
- When you completed all of the steps that you see above, you will be able to ready to apply for Turkish citizenship in the country. You have to complete all of the steps correctly. The approvement of citizenship takes between 3 and 6 months. There are some required documents that you need to have before you apply for Turkish citizenship. You must be sure that you have all of the documents completely and the information that you give must be correct.
Buying Property in Turkey for Foreigners
There are some requirements if you are a foreigner in Turkey and would like to have citizenship by buying a property in the country. Besides the required step that you saw above, you need to have the approved and required document that you need to bring to the citizenship application. You can see the required documentation that you need to bring below.
- The application form is filled by the applicators with Latin letters. You must give completely correct information.
- You should bring your own passport and ID card. You must translate the documents that you will give and the translations must have the notary approval.
- If you are going to apply with your family member, you will need to give the marriage certificate.
- The birth certificate must be in your file. The certificate must show the information and relationships between family members and relatives.
- You have to give 2 photographs which are passport size. The photographs which do not have the passport size will not be accepted in the application. So, you must pay attention to the photographs that you will give.
- You will give the Investor’s residence certificate that is completed.
- If you are going to apply with your family member, there are some required documents for children who are under 18 years old. You must bring the birth certificate, notarized passport copies, and 2 photographs that have the correct passport size.