Learn more about the pros and cons of having Turkish citizenship! Even the various benefits make Turkish citizenship more valuable, there are also some cons that you need to know about. You will be able to learn the top 10 advantages of Turkish citizenship and the cons of having Turkish citizenship by investment at the same time.
If you would like to get Turkish citizenship, there are a few different ways that you can consider. You can see the 5 different ways to get Turkish citizenship below.
- The most preferred way to get Turkish citizenship is by buying a property or real estate in the country. To apply for citizenship, the property that you are going to buy must be a minimum of $250.000. If it is under $250.000, you will not be able to apply for citizenship in Turkey.
- Another preferred way is an investment in a bank. When you invest $500.000 in a Turkish bank, you will be able to apply for citizenship.
- To have Turkish citizenship, you can also marry someone who is a Turkish citizen. Your marriage must be real and you need to prove it.
- You can prefer to work in the country for 5 years to apply for citizenship in Turkey. When you complete 5 working years, you will be able to apply for Turkish citizenship.
- The other way is creating a business in Turkey. When you create a business or company which have at least 50 employees, you will be able to apply for citizenship in the country.
As you can see above, there are many different ways to have citizenship in Turkey. While buying a property or investing in a Turkish bank are the most popular methods, you can also prefer other ways as well. Now let’s look at the pros and cons of having Turkish citizenship.
Top 10 Advantages of Having Turkish Citizenship
While there are various ways having Turkish citizenship, there are also many different advantages that you are going to have when you have citizenship in the country. We listed the top 10 advantages for you. Let’s look at the details!
- When you have Turkish citizenship, you will be able to work, study and live in the country
- If you have citizenship, you can invest in different properties or real estate and make a profit on the rents.
- You will be able to travel to more than 140 countries without any visa application when you have Turkish citizenship.
- When you have children after you have Turkish citizenship, your children will have a right to have Turkish citizenship directly.
- There are many different locations that you will be able to make a profit when you buy a property in Turkey.
- Turkish cuisine is also rich and appeals to everyone. If you are planning to live in Turkey, you will never have a problem with food because Turkey also provides World cuisine in countless restaurants in the country.
- Work and education opportunities are also diverse.
- The health and education systems are developed in Turkey. When you have children, you will not need to worry about education. It is possible to find schools and hospitals in almost every location, even in small towns.
- You will be able to live in diversity. Throughout history, Turkey hosted many different civilizations and Turkish people are significantly hospitable to foreigners. There is no discrimination against religions or nationalities in the country. So, everyone lives freely in Turkey.
- Real estate and property options are also limitless in the country. While you will be able to find luxury properties, villas, apartments, family houses, and mansions, you can also find more budget properties and real estate options in almost every location in the country.
Cons of Having Turkish Citizenship by Investment
While it is hard to find cons of having Turkish Citizenship, we can inform you about the cost of renewing the property and the real estate that you purchased. When you get Turkish citizenship by investing in the country, you may need to renew the real estate or the property after 3 years. The costs of the renewing process can be changeable according to the property that you have. Even it will not be costly, you can consider it as cons of having citizenship in Turkey. As renewing the property or real estate is required in every country, it will be much cheaper in Turkey than in other countries.
See More: Turkish Nationality Law